BARLING MAGNA PARISH COUNCIL
“Citizen of the Year” Award 2023
We welcome nominations of those who have gone above and beyond to improve the lives of others in 2023 for the benefit of the residents of Barling Magna or Little Wakering.
- The nominees must be volunteers and they will be considered on the basis of their efforts for the benefit of the residents of Barling Magna or Little Wakering.
- Nominations will be accepted from residents of Barling Magna or Little Wakering or from Barling Magna Parish Councillors.
- Only work carried out by the volunteers in the current year will be considered.
- The person nominated must either live in the Parish, be employed in the Parish or work voluntarily in the Parish.
- Serving Parish Councillors and their immediate family are not eligible.
- Nominations should be received by the Clerk to the Council in a sealed envelope or by e-mail by noon on 24 November 2023, using the form provided.
Nomination Forms can be returned to:
[email protected] or
Barling Magna Parish Council
111 Alexandra Road, Great Wakering, SS3 0GX
BARLING MAGNA PARISH COUNCIL
Photography Competition 2023
Barling Magna Parish Council is pleased to announce its 2023 photography competition. The aim is to celebrate the beauty of our parish and to find high-quality images which can be shared by the Council on our website and social media pages.
The rules of the competition are:
- Photographs must reflect the theme ‘Images of Barling Magna Parish’ (including Barling, Little Wakering, Potton Island and Stonebridge), but can be of any style including landscapes, wildlife, creative images, street photography and architectural, amongst others. Images may be in colour, monochrome or tints.
- All photographs must be taken within the boundaries of the Parish, within 2023.
- Photographs must not include the faces of any person and must be of a suitable nature to be shared in public and with all ages.
- The competition is open to amateur photographers of all abilities and we welcome entries by local school students. There are 2 categories for entries:
- General competition, for entrants aged over 16 (£100 in Amazon vouchers as prize)
- Junior competition, for entrants aged 16 or under (£50 in Amazon vouchers as prize). Entrants to the Junior competition must also state their age and school on the entry form.
- Entry is free. You may submit as many entries as you wish. Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form.
- Entries must be in digital JPG format, with a maximum individual size of 3Mb. We ask that, where possible, images should have a resolution of not less than 300dpi. They should be emailed to [email protected], with “Photo Competition” in the subject line and attaching a completed entry form detailing all your entries. Each image should be given a unique file name and detailed on the form. Closing date for receipt of entries is noon on Friday 15 December 2023.
All images will be judged by the Parish Council. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Parish Council will be final.
While all photographers who submit entries will retain full rights to any image submitted, by entering the competition they will also be granting permission for the image to be used in the Barling Magna Parish Council website, social media pages, and in any other published materials by the Council, and to be edited or cropped as necessary. Use of images will acknowledge the photographer.
If you are a parent or carer in Essex, please share your views with us be completing our 2023 Parents and Carers Survey
This questionnaire is for parents and carers of children aged 0 – 19 years living in Essex. We want to hear about your family’s experience of childcare in Essex so that we can gain a greater understanding of what childcare arrangements you make and if your childcare needs are being met. We also want to hear about your experiences of your child starting primary school, the impact that the pandemic had on your child’s experiences and awareness of other services that may benefit your family.
Your information is valued and your responses will be treated in strictest confidence and will remain anonymous.
The survey will remain open until Friday 14th July 2023.
Barling Magna Parish Council is holding a competition again this year for children to design and make their own scarecrow.
There is a first prize of £50 and two runner-up prizes of £25.
The closing date for entries is Friday 23 September.
Click on the link below for further details.
scarecrow_poster – for printing 2022
The Wildlife Reserve will be closed to the public on Thursday 17th and Friday 18th February due to the extremely high winds now and forecast for tomorrow. The Parish Council will assess the situation and decide when the Reserve can be reopened. We apologise for any inconvenience but the safety of visitors to the Reserve is of the utmost importance to the Council.